Friday, February 17, 2006

Saddling up for a Pity Party



I'm having a little pity party this afternoon. I thought for several weeks now that I only had one little mistake in my 'saddles'. Well, silly me! This afternoon I finally got them out and was ready to take out about 2 inches of knitting on just one saddle. Hrmpppphh! I found about 3 mistakes on the other saddle. I could have cried. All this time I was so please to have only one mistake to fix and now I am so disgusted that I just frogged the whole mess and I am going to read a little e-mail and then I will cast on again. Grumble, groan, sniffle! Back to the drawing board, as they say. Here is a picture of the "saddles that were".
And a pic of what will be the next and final pair of saddles! I mark every repeat, so you'd think that I would be aware enough to find my mistakes "before" I finish the whole saddle. This time around I will be double and triple checking every row, that's for sure!
Off to click my needles!!
DJ

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Sympathy!

Both times I've had to frog on my FLAK, it's been because of that braid. It's the trickiest cable of the lot, but it's also very striking and, in my opinion, pulls the whole design together and makes it beautiful.

The good news - the more often you make mistakes on the braid, the quicker you will start to see them after they're made. :-)

More good news - it's perfect knitting weather in Michigan this weekend.

 
At 3:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel about the mistakes!
I love this colour.
bw
colin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home