Friday, December 30, 2005

Woe is me!





I've been MIA for so long. I have been down with a bad back since the 18th. Bummer. I took the tax prep class in spite of my pain and lack of mobility. I didn't pass the test. Boo-hoo. I was in so much pain that I just couldn't concentrate. I probably should have just dropped out ot the class and tried again next year. But I'm too stubborn.
Anyway, while I have been out of commmision, I did get a little bit of knitting done. I finished what I call my 'clown' socks. They are, of course, fraternal, I wasn't in the mood to make the stripes match. Lion Brand magic stripe in the color called 'denims'.
I also finished a pair of CIC socks. I came up with my own design on these. It is sort of a peerie design. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down. I am please with them. I still need to block them. I made them from Cascade 220. I don't have the labels handy. That is just shadow on the one on the right. they are a nice light fawn color with a bright pink cuff and design.

And I am working on a pair of Cascading Leaves, a Jeanie Townsend pattern, in a soft dark sage color of Prognostic yarn. I am going to re-inforce the heels since this isn't really sock yarn. I was just desparate for a soft green color and LYS didn't have any sock yarn in that color.

I have started another pair of CIC socks to knit while I read my e-mail. If I get so that I can stand long enough, I have preemie blankets to get done for Lubbock and hats to finish for Parkland. speaking of Parkland Memorial Hosp. in Dallas TX, DH and I wathched a special on MSNBC about that hospital. Oh my, they are a wonderful place. I am just blown away with the volume of babies that they deliver! The day of the taping for that program they had 55 babies born, if memory serves. They have 16000 babies delivered there every year!!! I came away from watching that program with a new commitment to help with baby hats and blankets. The Knitting for Children yahoo group supports this hospital and that is where I came into contact with them. Between Knitting for Children and Children in Common, I have plenty to keep my knitting needles and sewing machine/serger busy all the time.
I have been up in this chair as long as my back and hip will allow, so I'm calling it quits for now.
Except to say that I am joining Marguerite (Stitches of Violet) in taking off some weight. I have to re-lose some of the pound that I lost over the last summer, plus some.
Gotta move,
DJ

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the back.

Hard to lose weight when you don't even want to move because of back pain. Yes, I've been there. The memories aren't pleasant.

Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home