Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Beautiful Lake Michigan



I just love Lake Michigan. I don't care if it's winter or summer, I just love it. I haven't been able to get down to my favorite spot on the lake, so I am opting for this spot, for now. It's just north of St Joseph, MI and we can see their lighthouse(just barely) from this beach. The waves were running about 10 to 15 feet over the weekend when I took these pics. It was so bluster-y down there that we were getting sand-blasted by the winds. I have to wear wrap-around sun goggles when we go down there in this kind of weather to protect my eyes. But, I wouldn't miss it for anything. Hubby and the fur babies are always ready to leave before I am. Even with their little sweaters, the fur babies can only take so much of the wind and sand and cold.

I have been busy knitting wool socks from Lopi for the Mittens for Akkol yahoo group. There is a family going over soon and the need is so great that I have put everything else aside until Friday. I can get one more pair of socks knit by then and then they need to get in the mail so I can be sure that they get to their destination here in the States in time to go to Kaz.

After Friday, I need to get busy on my FLAK. I still have to re-knit a couple inches on my saddles and get busy and catch up with the rest of the group. I want to take enough time to do a good job on this sweater. After all, I plan to wear it the rest of my life. lol

Well gotta go cast on that last pair of wool socks. Pics to come when they are all done.
DJ

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Nice pictures. I can feel the cold when I look at them, but they sure are beautiful from my nice, warm living room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home