Sunday, January 29, 2006

A froggin' I will go

I have been conspicuously absent from my blog lately and from the discussion on the FLAK group. The reason is that I am a horrible procrastinator. I have known for over a week that I made a mistake a couple inches back in my “saddles”. I have been trying to talk myself into just ignoring it. It is, after all, just one stitch! I have had so much other knitting and sewing to get done for my charities that I have had (sort of) an excuse for not just jumping in the frog pond and getting it over and done. Well, I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I will never be happy until I rip-it! And re-knit it. So, come Tuesday or Wednesday, I will be spending some time “in the pond”.(insert tears and sobbing here)lol.
I finished this pair of sock since I last posted. I call them my “monet” socks. I used some stretch yarn on size 2us needles. Cast on 64 sts. For my wide ankles. Just a simple sock. Nothing special, but I love wearing them. I call them “monet” because the colors reminded me of a Monet painting of a field of flowers. I'm not really impressed with the way the colors pooled, but I like wearing “fraternal” socks. lol Even taking the picture outside on the snow on a sunny day didn't improve the photo quality much. But, there they are.

I finally got my serger set up again. And I am busily making little hats for Parkland Memorial Hosp. in Dallas, TX. I am sewing standing up. Partly because I don't have a place right now to put my serger that is sit-able. lol And I really like sewing this way, anyway. I have fibromyalgia and my body tends to 'draw down' in the middle when I sit very long, and especially when I am sewing. So, standing up for short periods of time to sew works better for me. My computer is so slow that I can actually get quite a few hats done while I am reading my email. I don't think that I have ever mentioned the fibromyalgia here before. I guess that is because I really don't want it to become the focus of my life. I do what I can to accommodate and adapt and then just try to ignore it as much as possible. It's not like I'm the only person in the world who lives with terrible pain. And after the emotional pain that I went thru with my son's accident in 1995 and the ensuing 7 years of him being completely incapacitated in a nursing home, the physical pain is easier to take. Ummmm......enough of that. On to happier things.
DH did the laundry and the grocery shopping this week! Yippee...... he is such a nice guy!!!! That left me lots more time to knit and sew. Lol Gotta love it.
And we have decided that I will 'not' be seeking employment. It has been too frustrating to find something that I am both qualified for and capable of doing. It isn't like we are destitute, although we certainly aren't that comfortable, either. But to remove the frustration, we talked it over and decided that I will start doing a few alterations here at home again. I made my living that way for more years than I think I want to admit right now, so that shouldn't be a problem. It will give me a little yarn money and hopefully a little vacation cash, too. In fact, I should be designing new business cards right now instead of sitting here running on and on.>g<
Gotta go click my needles and think about business cards.
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home