Sunday, January 15, 2006

FLAK-ing Away









I finally finished my 1oo stitch swatch last night. Washed it and did my measuring this afternoon, just before getting online and finding that Step 3 was available. I am using Cascade 220 and for a while I was worried that I wouldn't like it. But, now that I have the swatch done I can see that I will like it very much. I have done the math and cast on for the shoulder saddles.
Too much company today to get a good start.

I did some mindless knitting on my Monet socks. I just finished the gusset decreases. I should get them done by weeks end.

I have about 3 inches of my current pair of CIC socks knitted. I just work on them while I read my e-mail, so they go slower. But with all the activity on some of the yahoo lists, there is a lot of e-mail to read lately.

I hope to get the sewing machine out sometime this next week. If I can keep myself from straining my back again, that is. I have scads of baby hats to finish cutting out for Parkland Mem. Hosp. in Dallas, TX. I would like to send them 50 or so this month yet.

They are talking about a knitalong on the Knitting for Children yahoo group. Phooey! They are going to make a cute sweater that I have really been wanting to make, but I don't think that I could pull that off and keep up with the FLAK and still get my charity knitting done. Why am I only one person?

Gotta go do at least a few rows on my shoulder saddles before I call it a night....errr make that morning. hee-hee-hee
Clicking away,
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home