Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Socks, we have socks



Yippee, yahooey. I finally got my socks done for the CIC challenge. Finished last night and shipped today. I was working with Cascade220 and Patons Classic Wool on these. They are both really nice to work with. I almost cast on another pair last night, but I need to start on my FLAK back(after I frog and re-knit one of my saddles).

I wish the little design showed up better on the fawn colored pair of socks. I designed it as I knit and I am quite please with it. But, did I write it down as I went? NO. It was such an exercise in focus that I didn't dare take time to write it down and I sure can't remember exactly what I did, now. lol

I am so pleased, I got 62 full term baby hats serged, and now I just need to hem them. They need to get done tonight. O-o-ow! I have a few preemie size serged and a few more that need serging. Uh, I think I can sew in my sleep if I need to. hee-hee-hee.

I did get out some yarn for another pair of socks for me, Regia sock yarn. But, the repeats are kind of out of whack. The blue/white repeats on one skein are shorter than on the other skein. Pooh. I wasn't in the mood for that, so I just put it down for later. But I love the colorway, so I am going to have to get up some patience and get them started.

I am so happy to finally get the FLAK ring button up on my blog. It is so easy when it is done thru ring surf. Dear Marguerite was so kind and send me a brush up on how to add links. I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't tried to do it. I know it is basically the same as when you do it with ring surf, I just have a little mental block about it. I'm sure I can do it, I just have to make myself get at it.

Gotta get off here and install a couple programs. DD Kimie is coming over to use them later and they are still sitting here beside me waiting to be installed. Well, what can I say? I'd rather be knitting/sewing, well actually just about anything but installing programs in this cantankerous computer.

DJ

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

Nice socks! If you click on the pic, you can get a close-up view. Maybe if you do it quickly you can write down what you did. :)

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Love your little socks.

Can you believe how many socks our CIC group knit? I am so impressed and pleased to see that grand total. And, last time I checked the list it was still growing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home