Thursday, October 04, 2007

Secret of the Stole KAL


starts tomorrow, Oct. 5th. I have my swatch done and am fairly pleased with it. I had hoped to get some Alpaca Cloud from KnitPicks for this shawl, but the budget is just too tight right now. If I didn't need more wool for socks for Akkol and CIC, I would probably splurge. But, I can get Patons Classic on sale right now and that is what I prefer to use for the kiddies socks. Anyway, the swatch turned out better than I thought it would. Since I am pretty sure that the stash yarn that I found is just plain old WoolEAse, I wasn't really expecting to like it, but if I'm honest with myself I will admit that it feels pretty nice and looks fine.
The designer, DK, is gearing it toward new years eve wear and reccomending fancy yarn, but I really intend to just wear it for less formal occassions, so WE will be fine. Sorry to say that there is some mis-communcation between my card reader and my computer and I can't up load a pic of my swatch. I hope that I can figure out the problem soon. I need to upload piccies for the KAL.

So, here are a couple piccies of my beautiful lake Michigan that DH took last weekend. Those will upload and the reader recognizes them . Weird!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home