Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Michigan Fiber Festival Pics



DH, DD#3 and I went to the Michigan Fiber Festival on Sat. Aug. 18. Here are pics of some of the wonderful animals that were there. I have know idea what variety the sheep are, I just know that I like them. The little alpaca are so darn cute. We didn't get to see the goat barn. But we were able to see all the angora rabbits, with and without their fur coats. There was a clipping demo going on and a girl who looked to be about 11 yo was using the clippers on a rabbit while the demonstrator was talking. That just goes to show me how smart I am, since I when I had angora I never did get the clipping right. I always had to use the scissors, which is not anywhere near as neat. At least it was all choppy looking when I did it.

This years festival was the 10th Anniv. It was the biggest festival so far. I have been going for 7 or 8 years and this was by far the best yet and they have all been very good. It's my one big fiber outing every year. I do admit to fiber overload at the end of the day, tho. There is so much to see and touch.
I will take pictures of my acquisitions later and post them another day.









































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home