Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Catchin up

I have been busy with the needles even tho I haven't been blogging, lately. I am really having trouble getting motivated to blog without piccies. Gotta find a way around that problem.
I finished the big wooly boot socks for my SIL and gave them to him with out taking a pic, just forgot. I am working on a pair of boot/slipper socks for DGD right now. I am making them with a fun fur cuff and Wool-ease. I don't really care for fun fur, but she is going to be 14 next week and will enjoy them. when I finish hers, I need to hurry up and cast on for the other SIL a pair of boot/slipper socks, hmmmm ya think I should use fun fur!??? LOL I have 3 pair of slipper socks that are due in October for 2 DD's and a DGS.
I'm still knitting big wooly socks for the Mittens 4 Akkol group. We are getting closer to our goal and it looks like we will even exceed it by quite a bit. We already have exceeded the goal for several of the sizes. Yeah, us!
Have been helping DD#3 to make preemie blankies. She sewed 14 last week and we cut out 8 more tonight for her to sew and/or embroider. I'm so glad to have her helping to support my charity work. More hands make lighter............
DD#1 was out of electricity from Thurs. til last night. Sunday DH and I put on
a breakfast buffet for the whole clan and then we did a taco bar for dinner for everybody, about 12 of us for each meal. We used fresh MI blueberries to make pancakes. We did scrambled eggs, home-made biscuits and gravy, ham slices, local watermelon, yummo! Can you say 5 pounds on the hips!?
We made a huge batch of home-made salsa with MI tomatoes and other ingredients, there is nothing quite like locally grown, fresh vine ripened produce. And yummy home-made quacamole, not home grown, but so good.
DH gets right in and helps me get everything ready or I just wouldn't be able to do all. Gotta love the guy.
Now that I have written a novel, I gotta go. Hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home