Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pictures!!!!!!!

I can hardly contain myself! I was actually able to upload piccies. What joy. These are the socks that I have been knitting for the Mittens for Akkol group. I think that we need something like 45 more pair to meet our goal. and we even have some extras in some of the size catagories. I'm posting this real quick, because the 'puter just did something weird and I'm scared I'll loose everything that I just uploaded. Will try to edit in more info later.
Update: The big grey socks are some old Patons that came from the thrift store about a year ago. I knew that I would find a use for it. They are biggies and very thick.
The cream pair on the left are Paton Classic Wool Merino, the bright pair in the middle are made with some LB Fishermans that I Kool-Aid dyed a couple years ago and had just enough left over for this pair. I combined some mohair that was donated by one of the ladies at the LYS about 3 yr. ago. They are a nice bright pinky coral color that some little girl is sure to just love having on her little feet. the cream pair on the right is made with 2 or 3 strand of some wool fingering that I got at the thrift store.

This big red pair are actually Paton classic and a stand of dark deep red knit together, again very thick and very warm.




The colors don't really show up very well on the 3 pair in this pic. The pair on the left is Patons Classic in a medium denim blue ragg look. The pair in the middle is a deep rich brown Lopi, soft, thick and woolie. The pair on the right is a nice med. cocoa brown handspun from my dear friend Mary A in MO.




This last pair is knit with 3 strand of Pomfret sport held together. It's hard to see on my monitor, but I did the cast-on in navy and the rest in is a nice sandy color. This is the pair that DGS didn't want to give back when I let him try them on. They are several sizes too big for him, but that didn't seem to matter. LOL I have another pair in the same yarn OTN right now, minus the navy cast-on row. These will be a little bigger than the ones pictured here.
We had an update and we are getting toward meeting our goal of 256 pair by the middle of Sept. I am sure that I will be able to finish the current pair, but may not get to do an 11th pair. I had set a goal of 12 pair, even tho I knew that I had 6 family knitting projects to get done by the 3rd week of Oct. I'm disappointed that I won't get 12 pair, but I'm thrilled to get 10 or 11 done, too.
Gotta post this before the 'puter does something crazy. DJ






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home