Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Boot Tops


Bootie tops(girlie look) have been a topic of discussion on the Knitting for Children yahoo group recently and I thought I would discuss my favorite girlie addition to my favorite bootie pattern by Michelle Howard. It can be found on


head for the baby patterns and look for bootie pattern, then Michelle's. This pic shows the booties before sewing and from the top and from the side. I hope that inspite of the dark pic that it shows the results well enough to encourage others to try a little fancy-ness on a pair or two.

Anyway, when I have done all the ribbing, usually 14 rows, I do the last 2 rows in a ruffle. I produce the ruffle by doing an increase in every stitch. I use the knit in the front and back of the stitch type increase. then I just bind off very loosely and I'm done. Nice little ruffle. I'm still doing the ribbing which makes the bootie stay on, but gussies it up a bit.

Today, I am just about done with the heel flap on a pair of bulky little sockies that I am making for the Sept. challenge over on the Children in Common yahoo group. These are left over yarn from the Mittens for Akkol challenge that is just about to wind down. Pics to follow when I get them

done.

DJ

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Blogger bevq said...

THose turned out so cute with your ruffle on there! Nicely done. =)

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh DJ..how cute! Yes, I am surely going to use this on my next "girl" pair! Thank you, thank you!

Sandy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home