Sunday, July 15, 2007

Big red socks

I finished the big red socks that I was working on for M4A, tonight. They are big and red and fuzzy, sure to warm the feet of some teenager in the orphanage at Akkol. Now, I need to find the brown mohair that was donated for charity knitting and get some even bigger ones made. I doubt that a teenage boy would want these big red ones, but brown ones would surely be welcomed by a guy. And there is a ton of the brown mohair somewhere in this house. My LYS owner gave it to me when she found out that I knit with all wools for my orphanage knitting. It was some kind of cape or something that a former customer had knit and when the customer passed away, a relative brought it into the lys hoping that someone could use it. I am going to get a lot of fuzzy socks out of it, I'm sure.
Well, thanks to my stinking fibromyalgia, I didn't make it to the baseball game this afternoon. I'm so bummed. I missed a winning game and a chicago dog! Rats! And DD Karin caught the only fly ball that came anywhere near the family. She is such a sweety, she got it autographed by the SilverHawks mascot and gave it to the Spanish exchange student who is staying with DD Annie and her family. So, he not only got his wish of seeing an American baseball game, he got an american baseball to take back to Spain. I stayed home and moaned and groaned and said blue words because I wasn't there with the rest of the family.
Crocheted 2 little preemie hats, today. I am slowing down on hats, I have a lot of other things to get done. I did start a bubbles blankie and got about 6 inches done on it. That will be a slow one now too. Tons of family gifts to knit between now and the end of October. About 7 pair of socks, that will be some kinda record, along with all the charity knitting that I want to get done, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home