Thursday, July 12, 2007

Knittin' away the summer

I've been Mrs. busy-needles again. I have 49 little preemie hats done for Lubbock. And so far there are 6 little preemie blankies for them. I have passed the turn of the heel on my big fuzzy red socks for M4A. Grubbed thru the Wool-Ease basket and found the camo color for SILs gift boot socks that are due by Aug. 25. Spent a little time winding that into two balls and finding the pattern notes from DGSs similar socks. While I was in that basket I got out the rose colored WE that will be DGDs boot socks, too. but hers will be knit with just one strand, not 2 like her Dads. Much easier on my hands. I have decided that I will make one more pair after these for my DH and then there will be no more 2 stranded boot socks, They will have to wear 2 pair at a time if they need that much thickness and warmth. Personally, a single strand of WE is too warm for my feet most of the time. but when the wind is blowing and the floors are real drafty, I love them.
DH has been off work all week, vacation at home. I must be getting really mellow in my near old age, because I really enjoy having him around. LOL Of course, he has spent some time power washing the house and painting the trim. and several evenings he was away fishing with the youngest DGS. Next week I willl be back to being alone most of the time and I guess that is OK, too. I do need some alone time, especially for the more complicated patterns that I like to try from time to time.
I know it's crazy, but I am going to try again to upload a pic. Even tho I am quite certain that it is a corruption somewhere in my IE program that is the problem. I have windows 98 on a very old computer, so there is no support available and right now I can't afford to pay the computer guy to come work on it. I just hope that I can get down to DD#1s this weekend to try uploading from there. With gas prices being what they are, we don't go very often, but that may be my only way of uploading from here on out. There is no new computer in my future. Unless, someone wins the big one and gives me a computer! LOL Oh, wait. You have to buy tickets to win the lottery, don't you?! Well , then that's not happening. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home