Friday, July 13, 2007

Posting without pictures

is like knitting with my hands behind my back. I don't like it. I enjoy sharing pictures and I'm not clever enough to come up with interesting banter without piccies. Well, actually I'm not clever enough to come up with interesting banter with piccies, either. LOL
There is talk on one of the groups about how many needles a person has. Hmmm, now I know for sure that I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all the circs that I own. And I'm not sure that even if all my kids and grands contributed their fingers and toes that there would be enough to count them all. I gots a lotsa needles. LOL
On the Stitches of Violet blog, Marguerite mentioned having stress when she has more than 3 projects going. Ha-ha, I don't even know how many UFOs I have going, but I do know that every once in a while when I sit down and think about it I do feel a little stressed. So, I choose not to sit down and think about it very often. There's enough guilt in the world, I'm not adding to it by counting projects and needles. <>
My little preemie hat count is somewhere over 50 now for the month of July. Yeah, me! It's hard to believe, but I don't have one of those addictive little buggers we call the bubbles blankie going right now. But, I will probably have one on the hook before the weekend is out.
We are going to a minor league ball game in South Bend, IN on Sunday. Good family fun. DD#1 has an summer school exchange student and we are all gathering together to show him the great American pastime. I just hope that they have Chicago dogs at that park. I only get about 2 a year and I'm overdue! I love them, but I'm quite fluffy and don't need the calories and fat(not to mention all the chemicals and preservatives) so I limit myself to just a couple a year.
On the needles, I have just about got the gussett decreases done on my big red fuzzy socks for M4A. Now, these are going to be some very warm socks. Which reminds me to talk about Mittens for Akkol yahoo group. We are trying to get at least 256 pair of socks knit for mailing the first part of September to go over to Kaz. The children only receive a small bag of candy at their holiday time and our group leader wants to take a pair of socks for each child to receive with their little bag of candy on their holiday. Our group leader, Nanci has adopted 3 teenagers from Kaz and is going over the end of Sept. to pick up her fourth teenage child. Bless her heart, I can't imagine having so much love to give. But the world is certainly a better place with people like Nanci and Dave and others like them who are willing and able to do this wonderful thing. If you are reading this and are not already involved with knitting for charity, please consider doing just a little something. There is so much need in this world and it only takes one person doing one little thing for the whole world to be better. and if you are reading this and you are already knitting or crocheting or sewing for charity, thank you! You are very important!
Gotta scoot.......til later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home