Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm going to try this again. This time I will 'save' first then publish, as was kindly suggested by Diane. Thanks Diane, I used to do that , but now Blogger says it automatically does that. Silly me, for believing them! (VBG)
Anyway, here is the pic of my 1st pair of socks for the
Mittens for Akkol (M4A) challenge. Well, not really. Blogger doesn't like my pic.
Cast on 40 sts with Patons Classic Wool Merino. Did 1x1 ribbing for 15 rounds, then switched to knit 3, purl 1 for the next 35 rounds. Did traditional heel flap type heel. 40 rounds of st. st. for the foot and then traditional toe decrease. This gave me a 7.5 inch foot length, heel to toe.
I am test knitting a pair of side-ways mittens for Mariella on the Native American Support group(NAS). Got the pattern somewhere around midnight and I would say that I'm about 3/4 done with the first mitten. Great pattern. Pics when I'm done.
Pair # 5 is done and pair #4 still needs the thumbs for the NAS mittnz challenge. The test mittnz will be pair # 6. I had hoped to get 7 pair done by the end of June, but I'll be surprised if that happens.
Today is our 42nd wedding annniverary, we usually go out to dinner to celebrate. But it is so hot and humid that we aren't sure that we want to leave the house. May wait and see what the weekend brings. Hmmm, 42 years, how has he survived it?! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home