Thursday, July 05, 2007

I still can't seem to upload any pictures. I keep getting a message that the page cannot be displayed. and it happens when I try to upload to other websites, so I guess I have to take back all the 'blue' words that I said about blogger. LOL
Well, my knitting needles and crochet hooks are still working, thank goodness for that! I have been able to get a dozen and a half preemie hats crocheted since July 1st and I have another preemie Bubbles Blanket almost done. Finished a little blankie last night, too. that stack of blankies is growing, I'm going to have to get a big box to put them in soon. They are out-growing the basket that I usually use.
I have another pair of socks started for Mittens for Akkol. I wound some Patons Classic Wool Merino and some old BonBon Mohair together and cast on 36 sts with size 8 US needles. they are really nice thick and fuzzy socks that will fit one of the bigger kids at the orphanage. I have a boat-load of med. brown mohair and some off white mohair that I salvaged from a bit knitted thingy that the LYS owner gave me. Somebody had brought it in to her after a loved on passed away because they didn't want it or know what to do with it. So, of course, being the yarn scrounger that I am, I gladly brought it home to age at my house until I could figure out what it wants to be. I know for sure that some of it wants to be wound with other wool and used for socks for the kids at Akkol. Really, it does. (VBG)
Won't be going to DDs house this coming weekend after-all. That means I will have to wait until the 15 th to upload piccies at her house. We are going down to go to a minor league baseball game. DD and family have an exchange student visiting for 4 weeks from Spain and one of his wishes for his visit is to attend an American baseball game. So, pretty much our family is going. We prefer minor league ball to major league. More family oriented and we like that.
Gotta go warm up my crochet hook and see if I can get another hat done before I call it a night.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Diane said...

You don't have to take back all the nasty words you said about blogger; I'm sure they've done plenty of other things to earn that bad language. lol

What a great way to repurpose the mohair yarn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home