Thursday, June 07, 2007

More hats!



Here is the pic of the hats that I knit yesterday and today. I found a couple more 'models' to wear some of them. Love that freecycle! I made 8 hats yesterday and 7 today. Last night I cast on pair #3 of mittnz for the NAS group(lower left corner) and got a nice little start on the ribbing. I spent to much time behind the wheel in the car today. Drat! I hate it when that happens. LOL
I did get the chip dip made before the teen-age DGSs got here to pick it up for there weekend trip. And managed to have a nice green salad ready when DD2 got here to pick up the 12 yo DGS after work. He and I will be spending quite a bit of time together this summer after he gets back from his 4 weeks with his dad. He leaves monday, so he gets to go on the big canoe trip with the rest of the family this year.


Here are pics of the booties that I knit for the April shower for U of Kentucky Med Ctr. Finally, got the pic from the other camera. 24 pair of preemie booties and since it is so easy to get people to knit precious little pink things, I chose to make most of them in blue. I have heard that some of the hospitals have a shortage of blue things for the babies sometimes and thought that I would try to help with that.

5 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I love the booties. Never thought to ruffle the edges of little girl booties but after seeing yours I'll certainly be stealing that idea in the future.

 
At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I find the pattern for the cute little crochet hats? You do nice work and give it all away, Wow!

 
At 1:13 AM , Blogger DJ said...

For the link to the hat pattern just scroll down to the June 1st entry titled Hat-hats-hats for Parkland. You'll find the link to Bevs Country Cottage in that days entry. Or you can look over to the left and click on that entry and then scroll thru it to find the link. Hope that helps, its a wonderful pattern and I have about 2 dozen more of those hats done. Pics to come in a day or so, tied up with other things right now.
DJ

 
At 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you DJ, very much for the help. I found the pattern and also much more on the Bevs Country Cottage site. I apprciate you taking the time to guide me there.

I will learn today to make one of those little hats. I have extra work at home since my husband had an accident, fell off the ladder and broke both wrists. He is in casts up to his upper arms, what a time were are having getting things done. I need a change, so I want to make one of those little hats. Thanks again, Rita

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow oh wow, you have certainly got a lot of booties and hats knit! That is just wonderful! I think I may just try and keep up with you today and just give the computer games a break for a bit. You are an inspiration! :-)

Linda (crackers) in FL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home