Thursday, May 17, 2007

Goodies in the mail!


I just got a goodie bag from Little Knits in Seattle. They had a marvelous sale and I was able to get a few things. I needed some sock yarn with some cotton in it for summer socks for myself. The front 3 skeins are the cotton/wool blend. The colors or softer in real life than in my pic on my monitor. Just nice summer colors. And they had some bright colored wool/nylonblend sock yarn for only $2/skein! I got 4 skeins of that. It seems to be a little heavier than regular sock weight, but lighter than sport or dk. No matter, it is Regia and very nice yarn. If I don't use it for me or the family, I can always use it for my charity knitting for CIC or NAS.

I just joined the NAS group and am trying to figure out what to start for them. I confess that I don't really like mitten knitten. I have some fleece scraps that would make nice kids mittens, so I may try to find a pattern that I like. I have a pattern or 2, but I don't like them. I used to have the neatest pattern for slippers, they were so easy. I got it in the late 60's and we all made tons of them in our family. but those kids are all grown and some of them have grown kids of their own now. So, the pattern has gotten lost in the 40 some odd years since. LOL I keep hoping that it will turn up in one of my internet searches one day. Those could be turned out assembly line fashion, by the dozen. There wasn't a kid within the family and extended family who didn't wear those cute little slippers from birth on up to about 8/9 yrs. old. And, no one seems to have saved the pattern. My aunt that I often sewed with, passed away in '73 and her things got done away with in one way or another. If I was really talented, I could re-invent the pattern, but I can only follow a pattern, not invent one!

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think you create beautiful things by following the patterns of others...wait until you use your graph paper to create a divine work of art...It's even more mind-blowing...You can say this came from my heart....:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home