Saturday, June 02, 2007

Mittens for NAS



I made these cute little mittens called Basic Cuff-Up Mittens from the quick and easy pattern on Patti Pierce Stone's website:





http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/MittCuff.html





I enjoyed this pattern and have about half of the ribbing done on the next size. These were made with WoolEase using the 24 st. cast on. The current pair are using the same yarn, but the 28 st. cast on for the next size up. Oops, this pair and the current pair are 28 st. cast on. Didn't have the pattern open when I wrote that, nor when I started the second pair. Oh well, lots of little hands.

I plan, at some point, to try this idea with 2 strands of WoolEase



to get not only thicker but bigger mittens. Some experimentation is in order to get well proportioned mittens, of course. If anyone is aware of a double stranded WoolEase mitten pattern, please feel free to let me know. Then I can spend my time knitting instead of experimenting.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 AM , Blogger Mariella said...

Here's an old pattern that I use and really like.

http://www.knitlist.com/95gift/mitt2.htm

Great job on your first pair of mittens!

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger DJ said...

Sorry, Mariella if I gave the wrong impression. This is my first pair for the challenge, not the first pair, ever. Also, thanks so much for sharing the pattern link, I have printed it off for use when I get done with the P2Designs pattern.
Hugs, DJ

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger steel breeze said...

I've got an old Mariner's knitting pattern for fingerless gloves, fingered gloves and mittens. Not sure what thickness Woolease is (we don't have it in the UK) but this partic. pattern is for DK - three sizes, too. E-mail me if you'd like a copy (my e-mail addy is on my blog).

ttfn

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home