Tuesday, May 08, 2007

New socks







I finished a pair of new socks for little(not) ole' me. I used Opal and I love it. This was my first experience with Opal and it was a very good one.
and yes, those are my lovely flannel pj's.


I used 75 grams of Opal Partie that I got from Little Knits in Seattle(very nice people and great price)



Needles: size 1 US



Gauge: 8 1/2 sts: 1 inch



Cast on 76 sts for my quite thick ankles and did 1 x 1 rib for about an inch and a half.



then I switched to Knit 3, Purl 1 for the remainder of the cuff. I use a regular old heel flap on half the sts. type heel. I just worked the 'foot' in plain ole' st. st.



and I always just do a decrease 1 st each side of the top and sole on every other round until I have about a dozen or so sts. left and then graft the toes. Even to it is really spring here in SW MI and it has been in the 70s, I am wearing them right now. I love how these socks feel.



I was able to get 57 preemie hats and 24 pair of preemie booties done for the April Shower that the Knitting for Children yahoo group had. We are showing the NICU at the University of Kentucky in memory of our long-time member Nancy Scott, who passed away in 2005. We met all out goals and then some. Yeah! us. Now , I will start making hats for Parkland hospital in Dallas and some booties for Warm Hearts Warm Babies in Colorado. Till july, that is and then we will be doing another shower. This time it will be for the Univ. Med.Ctr. in Lubbock, TX. I'm betting that we pretty well wipe out our annual goal for them, too. What a great group of knitters! I am so happy to have been a member for several years, now.


Well, gotta go get those groceries that I meant to get on Saturday......never do grocery shopping to day if you can put it off till tomorrow/or the next day or......


TTYL,DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home