Friday, June 01, 2007

Hats-hats-hats for Parkland


I got 31 hats knitted over the last weekend and finally got piccies tonight. I think that makes a total of 49 hats for Parkland Mem. Hosp. in Dallas, TX for the month of May. I used Bev Q's pattern at:


If this link doesn't work, just shorten it to the main addy and then search her site for the pattern

I rather doubt that I will be able to beat that for June. I have started a 'dishcloth" preemie blanket for UMC in Lubbock, as seed for the July baby shower that we are doing for them on the Knitting for Children yahoo group.

In general knitting news, I have been trying to a short row heel called the sherman heel. Not successfully, I must admit. I know that I did this heel on a little pair of socks for CIC about 4 years ago, but I'll be doggone if I can seem to do it now. Just can't concentrate enought, I guess. So, I frogged back and have just completed the heel flap on a pair of Socka yarn socks for me-mee-me. I am disappointed in this, but I know that eventually I will get back to it and it will probably go just fine. In the meantime, I will be looking thru my patterns and reading up on the short row heel to see if I can make it 'click'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home