Wednesday, May 16, 2007


I got a new knitting tote bag and a knitting themed coaster for my coffee cup from DD Annie on Saturday and a very nice gift certificate to the LYS from DD Karin. I'm a happy camper!

Here is a pic. The lamb was given to me by DGS Jared, he got it in a kids meal of some kind and thought I would like it better than he did. He was right! I also included a pair of socks in progress in the same pic and a camera case that I crocheted on Sat. It looks a little funny because I put DH's camera in it, not mine.

the socks are using Socka in a wild color combo that reminds me of '70s colors. I am using size 1US needles and cast on 72 sts. Ribbed for about 1 and half inches in 1 x 1 ribbing and then switched to knit 3 sts, purl 1 st for the remaining cuff length. I am thinking about doing a Sherman heel on these. I have done it once before(a lon-n-n-g time ago) and I'm not sure that I remember how. but it was discussed on the Townsend sock list recently and I can go to the group site and search for the Colin's suggestions.

I hate to admit it, but I found some baby hats that I knit over 2 years ago, just before we moved, and now I need to sew them up to get them in the mail for Parkland Hosp. in Dallas for the Knitting with Children yahoo group. there was yarn in that box, too. I have enough Ack to last me until the year 3000!

DD Karin is here and she has my dinner ready, so I gotta go. I don't waste time when somebody else is doing the cooking!

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh I love that bag. Evidently I'm not the only one who meets knitting ignorant people when KIP?

The worst I ever endured was while I was waiting for my mother at a medical appointment. There was an older man there who yelled "Knit, purl, knit, knit!" at me everytime he walked by. And then he would laugh.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger DJ said...

LOL, Marguerite, I think after the seconde time of that I would have had to 'accidently' leaned forward and given him a little poke with one of my needles, while I rummaged in my knitting bag. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home