Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tomato Soap and more


Here is my lovely tomato soap just after being poured into the mold and covered with Saran. Gorgeous color. Then we have the resulting soap logs. The soap looks a little vein-y. I don't know what is causing that, but it lathers well and feels nice. It is for the teen grandkids. I am told that it is good for acne. I added lemongrass and tea tree essential oils, too. I would have used a bit of lavender EO, too, if FedEx wasn't holding it hostage somewhere between CO and MI. I added a Tablespoon each of ground sundried tomatoes and oatmeal at trace. It smells good and I hope that vein-y look is just something peculiar to the curing process of this particular soap. I did just make it last night. It isn't separated or greasy, that's a plus. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Patience, dear heart.
Then we have a little one pound batch of what I am calling Zo's 60/20/20 Soap. Nice creamy soap, beautiful rich lather and such a pretty pale cream color. Love it.




I fear that my knitting blog is being taken over by soapmaking. Oh, my!
I'll have to lay off the soap before long and then I will be back at knitting more. I am spending moments here and there working on DGS N's birthday boot/slipper socks.
Gotta go put a big pot of cheesy potato soup in freezer containers and get that out of the way and cleaned up because I have the urge to make of couple more little batches of Zo's soap tonight, yet. I feel like a mad scientist, what will she put in this batch? LOL Ta, DJ








2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I love looking at all your soaps. What fun is a knitting blog if all you have is knitting?

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

I used to live in Michigan and I got a lot of supplies from Pawmade in Dansville. Marilyn was always great to work with and she's a LOT closer than Colorado.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home