Wednesday, December 26, 2007

AHA!!! I can upload piccies, again.!

I have piccies of my handmade soaps, today. I'm so excited that I was able figure out how to upload from the new printer to my blog.
The first batch was just a very moisturising soap that I mentioned in my last post, here.
Yesterday, I made this lovely soap. I added castor oil, ground oatmeal, lavender essential oil, and tea tree essential oil to the same recipe. For anyone who isn't a soap maker: castor oil helps make bubbles. I only had about a 1/2 teaspoon of the lavender EO and I didn't want it overpowered by the tea tree oil, so I only put 20 drops of the tea tree in it. It look so nice. I took a little sliver off a corner and tried it in the kitchen sink. Very nice. I'm sure that we are going to love it. Now, I'm planning the next soaps. I hope to make some hunter's soap soon. Will be casting on some hunting/boot socks for DGD Nick very soon and hope to make some hunter's soap to go along with them for his BD coming up the end of Feb. I think I will include a nice bar of the oatmeal/lavender/teatree soap with DGD Laura's strawberry milkshake colored boot/slipper socks for her BD in 3 weeks. I have to get busy and find the recipe for the hunters soap again.
I'm kicking myself because I have lots of lavender blossoms that I dried from my plants and I could have crushed some up and put them in the soap that I made yesterday. Oh, well. another batch. Now that I have started making soap, I don't want to quit. I have all kinds of ideas for more 'flavors'.
Knitting? you ask:
I worked on the heel flap of my opal socks tonight. and I am almost ready to do the toes on Laura's socks. Should have Laura's done by the weekend and then I can cast on for Nick's BD socks.
Gotta scoot.



1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM , Blogger Diane said...

No law that says you can't have more than one obsession in crafting. Your soap looks lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home