Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bracelets and more bracelets

It's too bad that my camera doesn't take better pictures because DD K. has been busy digging thru our beads and making some pretty bracelets to donate to the etsy site for Mittens For Akkol.

http://www.mittensforakkol.etsy.com/

These should be on the site in about 7 days. We will be sending them in soon and Nanci will get them on the site asap, I'm sure.

All the money raised on this site is used to ship warm socks, mittens, hats, sweaters, vests over to the children in the orphanage in Akkol, Kazakhstan. A shipment is going soon and there will be more shipments to follow. The need is so great, please consider helping by purchasing some of your holiday gifts from this site.
Please check the site frequently, things are being added often.
Knitting you ask?: I am busy trying to finish up the last 2 pair of socks that I will be able to get done for this shipment. This will bring my total to 24 pair for this shipment, to be added to the donations of many other knitters, our goal is to have a new pair of handknit warm wool socks for every child in the orphanage(265 pair). We are almost there, in fact we may already be there, but we are still knitting because we can't exceed the need.
On personal knitting: I have been putting in a little time on SILs BD socks and
I finally made it to row 60 on my Secret of the Stole KAL shawl. I was having trouble keeping track of what row I'm on. Tonight, I finally found some re-positionable hiliter tape at JoAnns of all places. It was in the quilting dept. I highly reccommend it for working with a wide chart.
Oh boy, tomorrow I will be teaching DD K. how to put a zipper in some fleece PJs that she is making for a gift for her sister, the other DD K. Maybe, I should start refering to them as K1. and K2. LOL, yah like I'm going to make that call. Hmmmm, maybe I'll use their birth order, about 2 minutes difference. So, DD K2. is making pjs for DD K1. Ah yes, that will work.
Gotta run, DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home