Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm back online

At last I have another computer and I'm starting to get caught up. The old cantankerous puter finally did one last crash. DD#3 gave me her old puter, but it didn't come with a printer, I finally got one. But, I haven't figured out how to use the picture card slots to take my pics from it to the pc and upload to my blog. That is something for 'later'. LOL Have been busy knitting but not accomplishing much.
Right now, I'm working on a pair of Wool-Ease Blush Heather slipper/boot socks for DGD Laura. they look like a strawberry milkshake. I also have a couple of pair of socks for me going in Opal self patterning. I keep doing other things and they aren't going very fast. I really need new socks, too. I am trying to wear slipper socks over my socks in the house to keep the ones that I have from wearing out. Silly! I have a basket full of sock yarn. LOL I just keep knitting for everybody except me.
Oh my goodness! I have finally started making handmade soaps again. I can't believe that I ever quit. I used a bar from my first batch in the shower yesterday and it is divine! I used olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil and lanolin and crisco in it. Oooooh, it's so creamy and my skin just loves it. I plan to make a batch of basically the same soap this week. But I will be subbing some shea butter and jojoba oil for some of the coconut oil and either some of the crisco or olive oil. Gotta check it out on the soap calculator to make sure it will have the same and better qualities. I will be using either some cocoa powder or melted bakers dk choc. to color and flavor some of it to be swirled in with the plain soap for my first attempt at creating a marbled effect. Mmmmm, I can hardly wait for it to be done and take that first shower with it.
gotta run, DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home