Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ugh! What a boo-boo!


Oh phooey! I guess this is what happens if your oven doesn't maintain an even temperature when your are oven processing your beautiful soap. that milky looking stuff is oil and that fuzz/bubbly looking stuff, well I'm not sure what that is. But, I think it is the white soap from underneath that 'boiled' up thru the chocolate layer. Hmmm, note to self: Just turn the oven off and let whatever heat is in there do the work. I am so bummed. It was so beautiful last night. Now it looks like poo-poo. Hrrrrmpphh! Well, this may be my golden opportunity to learn about re-batching. I'm going to try to ignore it for a day or 2 and see what happens. Meanwhile, I am planning the next batch......lemongrass scented soap with ground lemongrass in it. Mmmmmm, i love the smell of lemongrass.
Edit: I cut this and just made 2 bars and trimmed off the ugly top. It has been just sitting on the counter waiting for me to decide what and when to do something. It actually looks pretty good now. but I think I will just re-batch it and use coffee for the liquid and put coffee grounds in it to make a nice kitchen soap. the little blob that I scraped out of the pot and that I am using at the sink is really nice soap. The saga of the poo-poo soap will continue........

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM , Blogger Mamere Knits Too Much said...

uhoh, maybe your idea of letting it sit for a couple days ~ but being soap can you shave it or gently shape it??

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Diane said...

I love your soaps. It's all a learning experience so of course you'll have a couple challenges. Soon everything you make will turn out perfect!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home