Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Soapin'!


Yesterday was an interesting day. I planned to make a 1 lb batch of rosemary soap with some green 'in the pot' swirls and a 1 lb. batch of lavender soap with purple'in the pot' swirls. Then I was planning to swirl the 2 soaps together in the mold. Ambitious, I know. Well, just after I started, we got company. As things progressed, we got more company. I get nervous when I make soap in the company of anyone but my dh. The more company we got the more nervous I got. I finally just colored each batch and did a funny splotch/swirl combo in the mold. I forgot to take pics before I put the saran on and I forgot to bang it on the counter to get the air bubbles out before I put the saran on! So I have pock-marked soap tops. And the swirl isn't that great either. But it is interesting. And it smells divine. Since, it is for our own use I'm not really very disappointed. It will be wonderful for a morning wake up shower. Here it is all cut and ready to cure. Great fun! It's showing up blue on my monitor, its purple in real life. D













1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Diane said...

Kind of looks like a map of the earth with the blue ocean and green land. Love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home