Thursday, January 17, 2008

Socks again!

I thought I should post a pic of the socks that I knitted for dgd L. She was 22 yo yesterday. Yes, I am that old. Errrr, NO, I'm not that old. LOL I had her mother when I was very young and her mother wasn't much older when she had L. thank goodness that trend has changed. At 22 she isn't even interested in having a family yet. Smart girl. Plenty of time for that. Anyways, these are my standard woolease boot/slipper socks for a size 6.5 womens shoe. they are a heathery pink/rose color and I hope she will like them. I'm going to make a nice batch of homemade million dollar choc. fudge tomorrow to go along with the socks.

These brown socks with the blue 2-row stripe are being made with Patons Classic and will be 11.5 inch foot length. these are my first pair of the year for Mittens for Akkol. I hope to make 50 pair this year for M4A. I'm already behind on that goal. but when we get into the smaller sizes, I will be able to make 3 or 4 pair a week to catch up. These are 56 st on size 5 circs. 1x1 ribbing for 2 inches then switching to K5, P2 for the remainder of the cuff, which will be at least a total of 8 inches long. I think that our goal is 600 pair, so I need to get busy with the sock knitting. Care to join us?! To find out how just go to:
http://www.mittensforakkol.com/
Don't knit socks? That's O.K! The kids at the orphanage need mittens, hats, scarves, sweaters and vests, too. Mostly animal fiber is the key, it's just plain warmer in their frigid climate. Come join the fun.
And I'm happy to report that FedEx finally turned loose of my fragrance order from Bramblberry in WA. Ummmm, wonderful scents. Can hardly wait to begin using them. I'm also happy to report that my last 2 batches of soap are curing very nicely and appear to be very nice soaps.
I've also received my colorants from Sally in TX and will be ready to make camo hunters/fishermans soap as soon as I get some time to play.
Brambleberry sent me a sample of 'champagne' fragrance oil with that order and I am die-ing to make some pink champagne heart shaped soaps with that. I ran to JoAnns last night and got the mold, now to the fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home