Friday, March 17, 2006

Winter Kayaking in Lake Michigan





We took this picture the last sunday in February. We were making one of our customary stops at the beach in St. Joseph,MI. I couldn't believe my eyes when this guy pulled up and took out his kayak and headed for the water. Now that's dedication, well thats what some might call it.

Here is the results of some of my knitting time lately. My DGS just had his first sibling at age 14(almost 15, Grandma!). I made these for him to give to his new half-sister who was just born 2 days ago. He is already a doting big brother. lol He was pretty please about having these to give to his new Sissy. I spent this afternoon and evening making the little quilt that is peeking out from under the sweater set. It's just sort of a rail fence pattern in pink print flannel and plain white flannel with a bright pink fleece backing. Quick, easy, warm and cuddly! This isn't a very good pic, but I decided to add it anyway. The quilt is actually 35 inches square. Just a quickie, but this baby probably isn't going to have a very nice life. Her Momma has aready given away one child and will probably give this poor little thing to my ex-SIL to raise. That's what she did with the other child. Oh, don't even get me started on women who have babies in this day and age that they don't want. stepping down from soap-box
DJ going back to my needles.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The baby stuff looks lovely.
And lake Michigan looks amazing. I love that sort of thing. Now of course i couldn't wal in that terrain but still I can dream!
bw
colin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home