Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bootie Blitz and Lake MI

I'm taking part in a week-end blitz over on the Knitting for Children yahoo group. I have been kind of slacking off on knitting for them lately, so I welcome the chance to get some things made for our charities. So that is my main focus this week-end.

We spent the day on the road Saturday. Drove about a hundred miles round trip to go to Mom's and take her to do some shopping. So I was able to get two sets of booties knitted. They still need to be sewn together. It was worth the long drive. Besides, being the least we could do for Mom. She took us to a great place for lunch. I love olive burgers. I seldom eat beef, actually I seldom eat meat. But, I have been craving an olive burger for several weeks. Not just any burger will do, if I am going to eat it. It has to be great. Well, I got my olive burger fix! So, I was a happy camper.

On the way home we went by the lake again. hee-hee, surprise, surprise!! Took a couple pics, of course.

And we stopped at my favorite thrift shop on the way home, too. All white tagged clothes $.79 each. I go there looking for 100% wool sweaters to send to Kazaakstan(sp?) with the Mittens for Akkol yahoo group and also to send to Russian orphanages with the CIC yahoo group. I found four very nice sweaters that are going to go to Akkol in May. And I found out that if I take the DH with me on Tues. - Thurs. I can get 20% off of that seventy-nine cents!!!(senior discount)
I really did have a great day.
DJ
P.S. Well, blogger is being a poop, so I will have to upload my pics tomorrow, or later. Is it just me or is Blogger being poop-y a lot lately??

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Yes Blogger is being poop-y a lot lately.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures later.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home