Thursday, September 29, 2005

Back Again! How long?


I'm Back!!!
I don't know what happened but my puter was on strike. It even went so far as to tell me that I had to re-install windows, I didn't. I just let it rest a couple of weeks and booted it up and here I am!!!
On the knitting front:
I am working on a sweater for the CIC. I hope to finish it this weekend. I would like to make one more before the challenge is over on Oct. 31. I am making this one out of two strands of Lion Brand Fishermans wool that I dyed with food colors and kool-aid. The main color is a nice golden tan that I got using Wilton colors and right now I am using a funny cherry red for the yoke that I did with Kool-aid. I think that I will run out of the red, but I have some nice lite sky blue that I got from some left over rit that I dyed some slipcovers for the sun porch. I will finish with some of that If I run out of red and tan. Its a pattern from tthe Ann Budd book that I recently got.
Scarves Anyone?:
I have been knitting scarves. I made two with the Multi-directional triangle pattern from Iris Schreier. I love this new way of knitting and I am becoming fairly proficient at knitting backward. I find it fun, now that I have completed 2 projects with it.
Charity knitting:
The pic above is a picture of some of my charity knitting. This is scarves and hats that I sent to Stand UP for KIds. This is my first attemp to put pics in my blog. Soo, I'm not sure if it is going to work.
I started a preemie hat this afternoon . I like to have something really easy to knit while I'm reading my e-mail. So it is usually some easy charity knitting project.
I hope my puter continues to work so that I can get back to reading my e-mail and blogging on a regular basis. I have been going to the library to read, but they only allow you to be online for 1 hour. That doesn't get a lot of reading done, when you belong to about a dozen yahoo groups, even going to "digest" takes a while to read.
Hope to be back soon,
Happy knitting,
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home