Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Busy -busy!

The class at the Safe Shelter would have been a bust if it wasn't for having such and enthusiastic student. When I first got volunteered to teach there, they thought that I would have about 6 students. Two days before the class they said there might only be 3 students. Well, I guess 1 student is better than none. A young woman named Nicole was the only student, but she was really anxious to learn and jumped right in and took to knitting like a duck takes to water!!
She chose some rosy pink Super Saver that I took along and was busy knitting a scarf with it when I left.

I think the population at the shelter fluctuates frequently. So, it is possible that some of the people that were expected actually were no longer living at the shelter by the time the class took place. I am very glad that I did it, anyway. And I would do it again if the opportunity comes up.

On the knitting front:
I still need to get busy on the Marketsquares BAL. I just can't seem to bring myself to tackle that new technique of knitting that entrelac(well, new to me!). I was just reading Stitches of Violet and Marguerite mentioned something similar. She is so right! I really need to challenge myself. How else can I grow as a knitter and as a person? I am going to plan to put aside some time over the weekend to give the entrelac a try.

I am working on the knit along on the Babysweater list. Poor Gail made a mistake in the pattern and we all have to do some tinking back. No problem for me. I was sorry that I didn't start that sweater with a different color, anyway. So, I am going to just start it over with a soft green instead of white that I was using. Every cloud has its silver lining!

I finished the linen colored hat with the Cha Cha furry band. It really is nice. I got some more yarn to make a matching scarf and I think I will send the set to Stand Up For Kids. I may get some more of the red yarn and re-knit the furry scarf to match the red hat and send it along too. I can't imagine being homeless, not to mention homeless and a teen in the winter in Colorado!

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I finished the little blue Suzanne's Matinee Jacket. It is really cute. I would make the sleeves shorter next time. Hmmmmm, did I already post that?
Senior moment!????

On the personal side of things:
I went to the ear, nose, and throat dr, yesterday. She feels certain that I have apnea. I brought home a SNAP monitor. I did the test last night. Oh, boy!! what fun! Uh-uh. Not true. I just hope that the test shows something and we can get on with treatment. Maybe, we can clear up some of this brain fog that I have.
Enough of that! I have to go get my needles clicking.
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home