Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Impatient Needles

I finished the knitting on all the mittens and hats for the local Head Start on Sunday night. I usually knit-in a lining on my mittens, but I would like these to get on the little ones next week when they come back from their holiday. So, I picked up a yard of light weight fleece at Wally World for $2.47 and I will line them with that. I only line the 'hand' part, not the cuff. I won't be lining the thumb either this way, but I think that this time it's more important to get them done than to have them done the way I usually do them.
Anyway, I'm still fighting with the heel flap on my fraternal stripey socks and I'm finding that I can't do the flap while I read my email. For that reason, I am starting a hat for Stand Up For Kids. I got a nice thank you note yesterday from them for the last bunch that I sent.
My needles have been itching to do some fast socks, I mean, really itching. I finally gave in last night and cast on some Lopi and started a pair for CIC. I did the ribbing in a pretty orchid-y pink that I had a bit of and the rest is in a light silver grey. I am already picking up the gusset on them. Now I remember the other reason that I like making socks for CIC. They are f-a-s-t! My needles are satisfied now, they are busy again. It's so hard to resist when those needles get to begging, I just can't stand the pressure. LOL
Got to answer the call of the laundry now. Only because I need to wash that fleece for the mittens. Otherwise, It could call my name till the cows come home and as long as I have something on the needles, I can resist. No sense getting in hurry, the stuffs just going to get dirty again, right?!
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home