Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sock Psychology!

Sock Musings:
As I was sitting in my favorite chair knitting on the last pair of mittens for the local Head Start Center, I started thinking about getting online and about the knitting that I am currently doing while online. I always keep something on the needles that is kind of mindless next to the computer. I can't just sit here and read e-mail, I have to knit!
Anyway, as I was thinking about gettting online, I started thinking about my current project, which is a pair of fraternal stripey sock for me, myself, and I. I just started knitting the heel flap during yesterday's e-mail session. As I thought about coming in and reading my email, I found that I was putting it off because of the heel flap. I mean really; slip, knit, slip, knit, slip, knit......boring!?? Well, be that as it may, I really do like the heel flap knitting, and I like the picking up and knitting of the gussett, too. Yet every time that I reach that point in a pair of socks, I find myself putting it off. What gives with that?! Is it because I want to prolong this part, rather than avoid it? as I first thought? hmmmmmmmm What to call this psychology of the sock??? Is it 'psockology'? Does that make me a Psockologist? or a Psockiatrist?
hee-hee-hee your guess is as good as mine! Psockotic is the likely answer!!
More knitting:
I am currently working on my last pair of mittens and then I will have to knit one more hat. Then the fun starts, the sewing up and weaving in. I had hoped to have all these little mittens and hats done for the Head Start Center before the snow started coming down. We haven't had a lot of snow yet, but we have had some. Hopefully, I will have the hats and mittens all done before the little ones get back from their holiday this week. Next year I am going to start earlier. But, the idea came to me late this year. Next year I will start when school starts and then I won't be rushing like I have this year. In fact, if the mood strikes I will make a few thru-out the year and not have as many to do in the fall! It has been fun, anyway. I am using RH in crayon variegated colors and making the hats and cuffs of the mittens from Bernat Super Value in matching/co-ordinating solid colors. Pics to be posted when they are all done and ready to deliver.
Well, back to the socks and the email for now, and finishing mittens; later.
DJ

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM , Blogger Marguerite said...

Yep, those heel stitches take forever. They are my least favorite part closely followed by the gusset decreases.

Love your Lake Michigan pictures.

Glad you got your computer back.

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger DJ said...

Yes, we are so fortunate to live near such a beautiful body of water. We lived here when we were newly-weds and I can't believe that we ever moved away. I'm so glad to be back near my favorite lake. Thanks for reading my blog.
DJ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home