Saturday, October 15, 2005

October evening at the beach

I stopped by Silver Beach in ST. Joseph, MI this evening. Got a far-away shot of the lighthouse. It's kind of sad to see the snow fence up already. It will keep the parking lot clear all winter though, so I can't complain. I have to get my Lake Michigan fix every time that I go into town. When we were walking the fur babies at 1 am we could hear the waves down on the beach. We are about an eigth of mile + or - from the lake here at home. We don't have any access here. But, we sure can hear the action of the waves when it is windy down there. It adds a whole new dimension to our walks on the windy days. I love that sound. Since I can't have the ocean in my back yard, this is wonderful.

I took my camera to the farmers market in downtown Benton Harbor this afternoon. I meant to get a picture of the market. It was a beautiful sunny day and the market always looks so nice with all the blue canopies in rows around the lot. I have so enjoyed going to the market every friday. I will miss it and look forward to it next summer. It has been such a positive addition to the downtown area. And of course the fresh locally grown produce and flowers have been wonderful. I have had fresh flowers in the house most of the summer. thanks to the market venders. Anyway, I forgot to take a picture. Phooey!

I can hardly believe that the month is half gone, already. I am not quite half done with my goal for my CIC knitting. I did work on it this week, a little.
I finished up this wool-ease scarf and hat for Stand Up For Kids. My camera just doesn't take good pics of dark colored objects. Of course if the flash worked it would help.
I started another scarf to match a hat that I just finished in Jiffy yarn. It is just 14 sts on size 15 us neeldles and garter st. This set will go to SU4K, also. I think that this set will be my last for this year. I need to concentrate on some other things.


This is a pic of a multi-directional scarf that I a making from Bernat Super Saver. I am not really a fan of any of these yarns. But I have tons of it and I really wanted to make another chemo hat and a matching scarf for Laura. This set is going to take a little while so I think that I will send her the other hats that I have done already. It is getting colder here in Michigan and she lives in Ludington which is about 2 hours north of here. I'm sure she needs them by now. I wore a hat one night last week out walking the fur babies.
I love the multi-directional knitting. This pic doesn't show it very well in this darker yarn. It is striping up really nicely, tho.
I tried some Mountain Colors yarn in the color called garnet. It is so vibrant and rich, it looked great, but I was using the new multi-dir. zigzag pattern that Iris sent me and I made a boo-boo and had to take it out. I will have to re-start next week. I want to be sure to get it done and get the picture up on the website for others to see. I know how much I like being able to see each pattern done in various yarns.
I am still trying to save my pennies so that I can get some ArtYarn when my Modular Knits book comes. LYS is till trying to get it, back ordered, bummer. I really am a yarn snob, but my budget doesn't allow me to indulge my love of fine yarns and fibers. Gotta get that J-O-B!
Gotta go click my needles and get some sleep. lol
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home