Saturday, February 16, 2008

Momma makes lotion

No pictures, but I am so excited. I made lotion last night. Just a small batch 16 ounces. It is really nice lotion, feels great on the skin and smells pretty good considering that I used a fragrance that I don't really care for. I got it to make a gift basket of bath and body products for a dear friend. She adores that fragrance, and I got about 7 ounces of it so there is sure plenty. It is such a miracle the way you can take water and oil and turn them into lotion. This bath and body stuff is turning out to be so much fun.
Knitting you ask? Well, I have dgs N.'s b/day socks done, just have to stitch up the toes and work in the yarn ends. Yippee! Was hoping to get some 'manly' fragrance oil in time to make him some soap, but looks like that isn't going to happen. I may try blending some essential oils and doing a little batch just to see if I can come up with a manly scent on my own. Hmmmm, how did this 'knitting' paragragh turn back to soap? I'm obsessed with soap! Scary!!!
We are staying close to home this weekend, more bad weather headed our way and we aren't as brave as we used to be. I would like to go out and get some sunflower oil or safflower oil for making some more lotion, but will probably wait until I get groceries next weekend. I meant to get it today and forgot. Duh!
Ta, D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home