Thursday, February 28, 2008

Big Socks, Pair # 1

I finally finished the first pair of socks for Mittens for Akkol for this years challenge. These are 11.5 inch. I am working on the largest size needed. I did that for last years challenge and it worked out really well. I can knit a pair of small socks in about 1.5 days but these bigguns' take forever. So, it seems to work best to get the big sized socks done first. I used Patons Classic Wool Merino for these in dk. brown with an unknown blue for the stripe. Size 4 circs. and 6 st. to the inch. Cast on 56 sts.
I have another pair ready to start the heel. This next pair is done with 2 strands of Patons Classic on Size 8 circs. I hope to finish the heel flap tonight. Gotta get DGS J.s b/day socks cast on too. He will be 13 on march 8. Gonna have to really push to get them done. If you'd like to support Mittens for Akkol and help orphans in Kazakhstan just check out the website below:
http://www.mittensforakkol.com
The need is great and you can make a real difference with even the smallest amount of help. And there are several ways to help, even if you are not a knitter.
I hope you will give it some thought.
Gotta go. Ta, D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home