Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beautiful Lake Michigan




has again given me some nice pics. That lake is like a magnet to me. If I get the slightest chance to get down to the beach, I'm there! Here is a pic of the lake just north of St. Joseph, MI on Sunday April 2, 2006. Calm and even tho it was a fairly cloudy day, there is a glimmer on the water from the slightest bit of sun peaking thru.




I was down by the lake again today and took these pics. Very different than Sundays pic! I love to watch the waves roll and crash. So much power!












These pics were taken from the bluff and don't really do justice to the size of the waves. I just wasn't up to walking down closer to the water. Well....truth is, I wasn't up for walking back up the hill after being down close to the water, today. I'm still treating my back with care. I over-did again and I'm trying to work thru it, but I don't want to aggravate it.

Knitting content?.... Oh, yeah. Well, I finished the variation on the 5 hour baby sweater. I just need to weave in the 2 yarn ends and get some ribbon for ties. the pattern is designed for running ribbon around the neck, but the neck seems a little on the small side to me. So I am thinking of adding some ribbon ties down further on the fronts. I should cast on some booties and a hat too match. This set will go to Warm Hearts/Warm Babies in Colorado. I still have a small stack of PL1 sweaters to do the same with. Finishing is not my favorite thing to%

2 Comments:

At 4:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is a beautful place. I'd love to visit one day it one day. I can't recall if I went anywhere nere it on my road trip. I went from Ontario to NY State on the last leg of my trip.
bw

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Gail a.k.a. Sockamaniac said...

Love the pictures. Wouldn't mind being there right now.
I noticed in your profile the letters JW. What does that stand for? Is it what I think it is?

Gail the original sockamaniac!
http://www.sockamaniac.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home