Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Here I am, again!

I have been computer-less most of the time since my last entry. I am using Karin's computer and staying elsewhere for a while, so the entries will be few and far between for a while, I'm afraid.
What's been knittin'
I finished a red chemo hat in Plymouth Dreambaby DK. I did a sort of checkerboard design on it. Completed a hat for Anne, but will have to re-knit that one. I need to make it a little longer from the brim to the crown. I have just a pinch of yarn left, so I'm hoping to squeek by and be able to get it big enough. I also finished the Babysweater KAL Precious Layette # 1. I started the new KAL(Suzanne's Matinee Sweater) on Fri the 21st and finished on Sun. the 23rd. Yeah.

I really like doing knit a longs. I am finding that they help me to stick with things and get them finished better than anything else that I have tried.
I am also doing the Marketsquares BAL(bag a long). I am stuck on the first round of squares. I have googled and tried to find help on the net for picking up the stitches and getting started. I went to a couple dozen sites and found nothing that "clicked" with me. I am determined to keep trying until I figure this out.

Knitting at the Safe Shelter.
I have been asked to teach knitting to the ladies at the safe shelter. I have acquired some ww yarn at less than cost from Ivelise's Yarn Shop in Benton Harbor. It is varigated pink/yellow/white. The class is this Sunday. I have to get busy and make needles and some more samples. i am going to make needles from wood dowels. Jared and I made some of these last spring and they are easy and fast and cheap! I am donating my time and the materials, so I am really trying to keep the cost down. I am really excited about this. Even one of the staff members wants to learn.

I'm knittin' fast as I kin,
DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home