Friday, January 14, 2005

Knittin' in the Neighborhood

This is my first post to my new, first time ever, blog. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.
But I am sure going to give it a shot. Never to old to learn something new. Right?!
On the knitting front:
I just finished knitting a sweater for my little dog, Pudgy. I took pics of the sweater and the dog in the sweater. I started designing one for Bitsie, too.
Pudgy and Bitsie are 5 year old Shih Tsu/Yorkie mix. They will often be referred to as "the babies", "the girls", and maybe even on rare occasions as "the brats". They are very spoiled little girls. More about them at another time.
I am knitting a baby sweater for a knit a long on the Babysweater list on Yahoo. I am one of
the last of the group to finish. I am just ready to start the sleeves tomorrow. I would really like to finish the sweater this weekend. But, with bad weather in the forecast, I really need to concentrate on Bitsie's little red sweater.

I will be gone over the weekend, so I won't be back here until Monday, probably. That should
give me more knitting time.

I just joined the Marketsquarebal. we will be knitting a felted bag using the entrelac technique. This should be interesting, since I've never done entrelac before! The official starting date is Jan. 16, 2005. I won't be starting until the 17th or 18th. I do think that I have all the yarn and needles for the project already, because I was beginning to design a felted bag on my own before this opportunity came up. I'm looking forward to learning a new knitting skill. Got to keep those brain cells active!

There is a new KAL starting on Jan 21, 2005 on the Babysweater group on Yahoo, too. I plan to take part in that one,too. I really need to get a lot of knitting finished up in the next week!!
That's it for now.
I'm knittin fast as I kin,
DJ


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home